INI CET stands for Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test. This exam is conducted for those candidates who are looking to get admission to prominent medical colleges in India including AIIMS, JIPMER, NIMHANS, and PGIMER. The courses offered to candidates who clear this examination are 6-year PG Medical Courses such as MS, MD, M.Ch. (6 years), DM (6 years) and MDS. Interested candidates must check the AIIMS INI CET 2022 eligibility criteria before filling the form. The examination is going to be conducted twice a year. Go through this post to get complete information about AIIMS INI CET 2022.
AIIMS INI CET 2022 Overview
The general overview of the AIIMS INI CET 2022 exam is given in the following table
|Name of examination||INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test)|
|Common name of the exam||INI CET|
|Exam Session||Twice in a year in the months of January and July|
|Courses offered by the exam||MD, MS, DM – 6 Years, M.Ch – 6 Years, MDS|
|Examinations replace by INI CET||AIIMS PG, JIPMER PG, PGIMER, NIMHANS|
|Level of the examination||National level|
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer based test)|
|Cities in which the examination is conducted||Around 130 cities in India|
|Number of seats offered||Around 815 approximately|
|Participating institutes||AIIMS, New Delhi|
The tentative schedule for AIIMS INI CET 2022 is given below.
For January 2022 Session
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of basic registration||Last week of September 2021|
|Last date of basic registration & last date to edit details||2nd week of October 2021|
|Publication of basic registration status & last date for correction of rejected images||3rd week of October 2021|
|Final status of accepted basic registration||4th week of October 2021|
|Generation of Unique Registration Code (RUC) – only for those candidates whose basic registration is accepted||1st week of October 2021 to 4th week of October 2021|
|Final registration – only for those candidates whose RUC code is generated||1st week of October 2021 to 4th week of October 2021|
|Correction window for Basic and final registration||1st week of October 2021 to 4th week of October 2021|
|Uploading of a valid certificate||1st week of October 2021 to 4th week of October 2021|
|Checking of the final registration status and last date for the submission of documents||2nd week of November 2021|
|Status of final registration and uploading of admit card on the AIIMS website||3rd week of November 2021|
|Date of INI CET 2022 examination||4th week of November 2021|
|Result Declaration||Last week of November 2021|
|Releasing of Merit List||3rd week of December 2021|
|Beginning of the counselling process||3rd week of December 2021|
For July 2022 Session
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of basic registration||1st week of March 2022|
|Last date of basic registration & last date to edit details||Last week of March 2022|
|Publication of basic registration status & last date for correction of rejected images||1st week of April 2022|
|Final status of accepted basic registration||1st week of April 2022|
|Generation of Unique Registration Code (RUC) – only for those candidates whose basic registration is accepted||4th week of March 2022 to 2nd week of April 2022|
|Final registration – only for those candidates whose RUC code is generated||4th week of March 2022 to 2nd week of April 2022|
|Correction window for Basic and final registration||4th week of March 2022 to 2nd week of April 2022|
|Uploading of a valid certificate||Till 2nd week of April 2022|
|Checking of the final registration status and last date for the submission of documents||3rd week of April 2022 to 4th week of April 2022|
|Status of final registration and uploading of admit card on the AIIMS website||2nd week of June 2022|
|Date of INI CET 2022 examination||3rd week of June 2022|
|Result Declaration||Last week of June 2022|
|Releasing of Merit List||Last week of June 2022|
|Beginning of the counselling process||July 2022|
AIIMS INI CET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Checking eligibility criteria before filling the application form is crucial. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected. The eligibility criteria in order to participate in the AIIMS INI CET 2022 examination are as follows.
- For MD/ MS, candidates should have an MBBS degree.
- For the MDS course, aspirants must have a BDS degree.
- The degree of candidates should be recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)/ Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Candidates who are from the general category need to have a minimum of 55% aggregate in MBBS. On the other hand, candidates from SC/ ST categories need only 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates should have completed one year of rotatory internship and must have a completion certificate.
- Aspirants need to have the registration certificate issued by the MCI/ DCI or State Medical Council/ State Dental Council (SMC/ SDC).
AIIMS INI CET Application Form 2022
The application process of AIIMS INI CET 2022 is a bit different. Candidates have to fill and submit the PAAR registration form. Here, PAAR stands for (Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration). According to the PAAR System, the application process has two stages. The first stage is basic registration and the second stage is final registration. Let’s check out the steps involved in both stages.
1st Step – INI CET Basic Registration 2022
- First of all, candidates have to visit the official website and click on the INI CET Basic registration link.
- After clicking on the link, aspirants have to provide their basic details including name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, marital status, category, PwD status, nationality, ID proof details, and identification mark.
- Apart from this, candidates are also required to provide their contact details like email address, phone number, address, etc.
- In addition to this, aspirants have to upload scanned images of the following documents.
- Passport size photograph – In JPEG/ JPG Format, 50 kb to 100 kb size, 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimension.
- Signature – In JPEG/ JPG Format, 20 kb to 100 kb size, in blue/ black ink.
- Left hand thumb impression – In JPEG/ JPG Format, 20 kb to 100 kb size, 200 dpi
2nd Step – INI CET Final Registration 2022
- Only those candidates can process the Final registration who basic registration is accepted.
- Please note that a Unique Registration Code (RUC) is generated only for accepted basic registration candidates.
- In the final registration, candidates have to provide their academic, contact, internship, registration and other details.
- At the time of filling in the details, candidates are required to choose the examination centre city.
- After submitting the form, aspirants have to pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, candidates should take a printout of the submitted application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fees are different for candidates from various categories as given below.
- For General/ OBC Candidates – Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ ST Candidates – Rs. 1200/-
Mode of payment – Candidates can pay the application fee in online mode using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
INI CET 2022 Admit Card
- The exam authorities will release the AIIMS INI CET 2022 admit card a few weeks prior to the exam date.
- The admit cards are released separately for both sessions.
- To download an admit card, candidates have to visit the official website and enter their registration details.
- The information like the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is necessary for all candidate to carry their admit card along with one photo ID proof at the examination centre.
AIIMS INI CET Exam Pattern 2022
The pattern of AIIMS INI CET 2022 exam is given below.
- Mode of examination – Online (Computer based test)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions – 90 for MDS and 200 for MD/ MS
- Medium of exam – Questions will be asked in the English language only
- Duration of the exam – 90 minutes for MDS and 180 minutes for MD/ MS
- Marking pattern – Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking – 1/3rd of a mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
AIIMS INI CET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabuses are different for various pre-clinical and clinical subjects. Topics from some of the popular subjects are as follows.
- Anatomy – Microanatomy, Gross Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Embryology & Genetics
- Biochemistry – Biological Cell, Hormones and PH, Enzymes, Food Assimilation and Nutrition, Biomolecules, Molecular Biology, Metabolic Pathways, Environmental Biochemistry, Physiological Buffer Systems, Immunology, Cancer and Cancer Makers
- Physiology – Gastrointestinal System, General Physiology, Reproduction, Nerve-Muscle, Kidney, Nutrition, Blood, Respiratory System, Cardiovascular System, Neurophysiology, Sensory System, The Visceral and Motivational System, Motor System, EEG, Special Senses, Yoga, Sleep and Higher Nervous Functions
- Pathology – Complement System, Coronary Artery Disease, Tumour Markers, Glomerulonephritis Flow Cytometry, Barrett Esophagus, Pedigree Analysis, Sarcoidosis, Thyroid Carcinoma, Hypersensitivity
- Pharmacology – Neuropharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
- Forensic Medicine – Firearm Injuries, Bloodstains, Seminal Stains, Types and Signs of Drowning, IPC Sections, Narcoanalysis, Toxicology, Bites of various insects, Different doctrine, Autopsy methods of organ’s removal, Antemortem, Rigor Mortis, Cadaveric Spasm, Blast Injuries, Torture Methods
- Microbiology – Vectors, Immunodeficiency disorders, Heterophile Antigen, Lab diagnosis, species identification and relapse regarding Malaria, Mycoplasma pneumonia, Eggs in Parasitology, Dimorphic fungi, Viral Hepatitis Serology, Life cycle
- Obstetrics – Preeclampsia, Postpartum Haemorrhage, Antepartum Haemorrhage, Uterine rupture, Uterine inversion, Biophysical profile, Induction of labour, Indications of caesarean section, Hyperemesis gravidarum
- Pediatrics – Acute respiratory insufficiency program, Respiratory distress syndrome, Developmental milestones, Autism, Neonatal jaundice, Neonatal sepsis, Neonatal resuscitation, Tetralogy of Fallot, Bronchial Asthma, Nephrotic syndrome, Vitamins and mineral deficiency, Dengue fever, Paediatrics
- Gynaecology – Symptoms of ovulation, Process to manage Fibroid uterus and prolapse of the uterus, Details of Trichomonas, Candida, Gonococcus, Bacterial vaginosis, Emergency contraception, Contraception and sterilization, Supports of uterus, Menstrual cycle, Menopause, Postmenopausal bleeding
Result and Merit List
- The result of AIIMS INI CET will release in the form of a PDF File.
- To check the result, aspirants have to visit the official website and choose the “Academic Courses”.
- Those candidates who will clear the exam will be able to download their scorecards.
- In case of a tie, a candidate with fewer negative responses will be preferred.
AIIMS INI CET 2022 Counselling
- The counselling process of both sessions will take place separately.
- Please note that the counselling process will be held in online mode only.
- The seats will be allotted on the basis of rank secured by candidates in the merit list.
- The counselling process may take place in multiple rounds depending on the number of available seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is NEET PG also replaced by INI CET examination?
Answer: No, NEET PG is not replaced by INI CET. This examination is conducted for institutes of national importance only. These institutes include AIIMS, JIPMER, PGIMER ,and NIMHANS.
Question – 2: What is the PAAR facility for INI CET 2022?
Answer: This is a system of application form submission in which candidates have to fill the application form in two stages i.e. basic registration and final registration. Only shortlisted candidates are allowed for final registration.
Question – 3: Will I get the admit card after submitting the form by post?
Answer: No, you need to download the admit card in online mode only.
Question – 4: Is it an offline or online examination?
Answer: It is an online computer-based test.