AIBE 14 2020 will be organized to test the ability of the advocates to practice legal profession in the country. This exam is mandatory for candidates who have earned a law degree from the academic year 2009-2010 onwards. Those who clear this exam will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Practice’ by the Bar Council of India. The application form for this exam will be released shortly. This will be an open book exam and will be conducted in different cities all over the country. In this article, we are providing the candidates certain basic guidelines for preparation of the exam. Along with this, the other important details related to AIBE 14 2020 such as exam pattern, eligibility, application, etc is also provided in this post.
AIBE 14 2020 Important Dates
Below here are given the tentative dates for AIBE 14 2020. The actual dates will be updated after the official announcement by the competent authority.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||To be Announced|
|Starting of fee payment through Challan||To be Announced|
|Last date to register online||To be Announced|
|Last date for payment of Challan||To be Announced|
|Last date for completion of online form||To be Announced|
|Last date for completion of incomplete form (if any)||To be Announced|
|Availability of admit card||To be Announced|
|Exam date||To be Announced|
AIBE 14 Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern of AIBE 14 2020 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Question paper language: The question paper will be available in 11 different languages.
- No negative marking.
|Subject||No. of questions|
|Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|C.P.C (Code of Civil procedure)||10|
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Public Interest Litigation||4|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|Law Related to Taxation||4|
|Labor & Industrial Law||4|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
AIBE 14 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for the AIBE 14 2020 will be as per the curriculum of 3-year and 5-year LLB programmes offered by the law schools and prescribed by the Bar Council of India.
AIBE is a prestigious exam for the students of law and there are many law aspirants who are hoping to appear for the AIBE 14 2020 exam. We are providing below certain preparation hacks which you can adopt to perform well in your exam:
- Make a proper study plan while preparing for your exam. Collect all the study material at one place before starting your preparation. Searching here and there for material while studying can be a major distraction.
- Time management is very important while preparing for this exam. More time should be given to the topics that you are weak in whereas the simple topics might require less time. Plan accordingly.
- Making notes of important topics while studying is also a very helpful strategy. These notes play a major role while you are up for the revision at the last moment as it saves you from going through the complete book.
- Practice mock test and sample papers. You can buy practice papers of good authors or can also get practice papers form internet.
AIBE 14 2020 Recommended Books
The Bar Council of India had published preparatory material for the candidates appearing for the first AIBE exam. These preparatory materials are available in the form of PDF and can be availed easily on the internet. The complete material is available in the form of two books and is the best guide to assist you in the preparation of your exam. Apart from this guide, you can follow some other highly recommended books for your preparation that are listed as below:
- Guide to All India Bar Examination by Dr. P. K. Pandey
- All India Bar Examination (AIBE) Guide by Dr. S. M. Rajan & P. K. Jain
- Practice Test Papers for All India Bar Examination by Showick Thorpe
AIBE 14 Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates must keep in mind the following eligibility criteria before applying for the AIBE 14 2020 exam:
- Only Indian national candidates are eligible.
- The aspiring candidates should have completed their 3-year of 5-year LLB degree programme.
- There are no minimum marks prescribed in the qualifying exam.
- The applicants should be enrolled with any State Bar Council.
- He/ she must possess an Advocate ID Card/ Enrollment Card issued by the State Bar Council.
- No age limit is prescribed to appear for this exam.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts.
AIBE 14 Application Form 2020
The link to fill the application form for AIBE 14 2020 will be provided on the official website. In the application/ registration form, the candidates will have to provide details such as name, gender, father’s/ husband’s name, date of birth, address, etc. The candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of photograph, signature, category certificate and disability certificate (if applicable) into the application form. After the submission of the form, the candidates will receive a registration number and password on their email id. Using this registration number and password, you can login again to print the Challan for application fee payment. The bank will return you the applicant’s copy of Challan after the submission of fee. This copy should be scanned and uploaded into the application form after 24 hours of making payment in the bank. After completing this process, take a printout of the application form.
- For General/ OBC candidates: Rs 3500/-
- For SC/ ST candidates: Rs 2500/-
AIBE 14 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for AIBE 14 will be issued in online mode on the official website. The candidates will be able to download their admit card by entering their registration number and date of birth. The admit card is a very important document that must be carried to the exam center on the date of the examination. The candidates who do not have a valid AIBE 14 admit card 2020 will not be allowed to take the exam.
AIBE 14 Result 2020
The AIBE 14 2020 result will be announced on the official website after the evaluation of the answers. The applicants will be able to check the result by entering their roll number and date of birth. All the candidates who are declared qualified in the exam will be eligible to get the ‘Certificate of Practice’ by the Bar Council of India.