Admission to MBBS course offered by Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune is given on the basis of NEET UG exam followed by screening and medical test. Online registration for admission is expected to begin in the month of April 2023 after which a list of candidates will be published for screening test. The duration of the MBBS course is 4 and ½ years followed by compulsory rotating internship training of one year. Detailed information about AFMC MBBS 2023 such as eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, selection process, etc is provided here.
Table of Contents
AFMC MBBS 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the important dates (tentative) related to AFMC MBBS 2023:
|Commencement of online registration process||April 2023, 1st week|
|Last date to register online||May 2023, 3rd week|
|Release of list of candidates who applied for admission||Yet to be announced|
|Release of list of candidates shortlisted for screening process||Yet to be announced|
|Commencement of screening process- ToEFL, PAT & Interview||Yet to be announced|
|Display of merit list of selected candidates||Yet to be announced|
|Beginning of admission process||Yet to be announced|
- Candidates seeking admission for MBBS course at AFMC Pune will have to mandatorily qualify the NEET UG Examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The screening test will comprise of Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT) and Interview.
- All medical cadets commissioned into the AFMS will undergo internship training in selected service hospitals recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Candidates admitted to AFMC for MBBS course have a compulsory liability to serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services.
- If at any point of time in the process of interview, admission or course the documents of the candidate are found to be false, the selection of the candidate will be cancelled forthwith.
AFMC MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2023
The following eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates if they wish to appear for AFMC MBBS 2023:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
- This however does not apply to the five Government Sponsored Candidates from Friendly Foreign Countries.
- The applicant must be unmarried. Marriage during the course is not permitted.
- The candidate should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Government of India, Ministry of Defense.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31 Dec 2023 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date.
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary exam or Pre-professional/ Pre-Medical exam or 1st year of three years Degree course or equivalent exam in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously.
- The applicant should secure not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard.
- Those with a pass in B.Sc Examination of a recognized Indian University are eligible too provided that they have passed the B.Sc Examination in at least two of the following subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and further that they have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
AFMC MBBS 2023 Application Form
- Candidates who are interested to join AFMC Pune MBBS course will have to register on the website www.mcc.nic.in during the registration window provided by DGHS.
- In the registration form, the candidates need to provide their basic personal, academic, contact and other details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded in the registration
- Details of NEET UG exam like roll number, marks obtained, etc. are required in the registration form as well.
- Duly filled registration form can then be submitted online along with the required application fee.
- Care should be taken while filling the registration form as any incorrect information can lead to its rejection.
- A copy of the filled-in registration form should be kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- After the last date of registration, list of candidates who have applied for AFMC, Pune will be provided by DGHS.
- Based on their merit in NEET exam, the candidates will be invited to take part in screening process.
AFMC MBBS Screening Test 2023
The shortlisted candidates will be called for ToELR, PAT, Interview and Medical Examination at AFMC, Pune.
Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR):
- Mode of exam: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Duration of exam: 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 40
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 80
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 2 marks
- Negative marking: There will be negative marks of 0.5 for every incorrect answer.
- Marking scheme: 50 marks
Preparation of Merit List
- The marks obtained in ToELR will be added to NEET UG score to get a score out of 800.
- This will be divided by 4 to get the written examination score out of 200 and rest 50 marks will be of interview.
- PAT is a qualifying examination and PAT score will not be considered for preparing final merit list.
- The final merit will be prepared on the basis of final score thus obtained.
- The final result of the selected merit list and waitlist candidates will be made available on the websites www.mcc.nic.in, www.afmc.nic.in & www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
AFMC MBBS 2023 Admission Process
- On the basis of NEET UG score and screening at AFMC, two merit lists, one for boys and one for girls, will be prepared.
- Admissions will be offered to shortlisted candidates in accordance with their final merit position.
- Shortlisted candidates need to report to the college carrying the required documents.
- After verification of documents and eligibility, final admission will be offered to the candidates.
During screening process:
- NEET UG admit card
- NEET UG score card
- Original certificate of NCC, if any
- Sports certificate at school, District, State & National /International level, if any
At the time of admission:
- NEET UG admit card
- Original mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Original pass certificate of qualifying examination
Details of any other document required will be published later in the joining instruction.
AFMC MBBS FAQs 2023
Do I need to submit any documents to complete the registration process?
There is no need to send any testimonials or copies of mark sheet or result to AFMC, Pune. The original certificates and documents would be required and checked at the time of screening and admission only.
If I am declared unfit during medical test, can I reapply?
Candidates declared unfit are entitled to appeal on payment of a fee of Rs 40/-. The candidates will have to do so in person on the same day or the very next day as no later request will be entertained.
In case of any query, whom should I contact?
In case of any doubt or difficulty the candidates can send an email on the email id [email protected] or can contact query desk via phone (+91-20-26334209) or fax (+91-20-26334236).