There are many students who want to pursue a different course after 12th. For such students, B.E/ B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering can be a perfect option. In this branch of engineering, students learn about various aspects of the development of an aircraft including designing, manufacturing, etc. As the aviation industry is constantly growing in India. It is expected that there will be ample career opportunities for Aeronautical Engineers in the future. In this post, we are going to discuss all the necessary details related to the B.E/ B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering Admission 2023.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Aeronautical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering is one of the finest engineering branches that offering a highly lucrative salary to the candidates. Aeronautical Engineering (also known as Aerospace Engineering) is all about the development of aircraft and Spacecraft. The branch is again Sub-divided into aeronautical engineering and astronautical engineering. The prestigious organizations like ISRO and NASA have frequent openings for Aerospace specialists of all time.
The main job of an Aerospace specialist is to check the working performance and the efficiency of the Propulsion system. Lots of Institutes in India and abroad are offering Courses in Aerospace Engineering. The leading educational institutions are offering admission to the candidates in Aerospace Engineering is on the basis of candidate’s performance in Class 12th or Graduation.
Aeronautical Engineering Courses in India
The basic overview of B.E/ B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering is given in the table below.
|Level of the course||Graduation Course|
|Duration of the course||4 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates must have passed 10+2 in the science stream|
|Admission process||Most of the colleges provide admission based on the entrance exam.|
|Average Course||Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 5 lac per annum|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs 3 lac to Rs. 15 lac per annum|
|Examination pattern during the course||Semester wise|
|Job Areas||Aerospace industry, Aeronautical Engineering, Colleges & Universities, Aircraft Design Companies, Wind Turbine Blade Design Companies etc.|
|Top job positions||Design Engineer, System Safety Management Engineer, Analysis Engineer, Instructor/ Professor, Aerospace Engineer, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Civil Aviation, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization), National Aeronautical Laboratory, etc.|
It is the duty of all candidates to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. Although the eligibility criteria can vary for different courses, you can take a look at the common eligibility criteria applicable for many institutes/ universities. The course is considered among the best courses after 12th.
- The candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, and mathematics subjects.
- It is also necessary for candidates to have a minimum of 50% marks in the PCM subject group.
- Aspirants having a 10+3 diploma in a relevant branch are eligible to apply for a lateral entry admission to 2nd year.
Entrance Exam for Aeronautical Engineering in India
There are many engineering entrance exams 2023 to be conducted by the respective authorities in order to shortlist the candidates for B.E/ B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering Admission. Let’s take a look at some of the most common Engineering Entrance Exams.
- JEE Main: There is no doubt JEE Main is the most popular entrance exam in India. The national testing agency (NTA) is the authority responsible for conducting this renowned examination. Attempted by lacs of students every year, it opens the door for admission to leading institutes like NITs.
- JEE Advanced: The aim of this exam is to select the candidates for admission to IITs. It is an online exam that covers topics from physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Only those candidates who clear JEE Main are allowed to take this exam.
- BITSAT: Those candidates who want to take admission into BITS Pilani need to clear this exam. Please note that it is necessary to have at least 75% marks in PCM in order to apply for this entrance exam.
- SRMJEEE: This is the common engineering entrance exam of SRM University. In this examination, questions from the following five subjects are asked – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, and Aptitude.
- COMEDK: COMEDK entrance exam is conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. More than 120 colleges in the state of Karnataka consider this exam for admission.
- UPESEAT: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun selects the candidates for admission to Aeronautical Engineering based on this entrance exam. Apart from physics, chemistry, and mathematics, questions are also asked from English comprehension and General Awareness subjects.
Aeronautical Engineering – Subjects Included
The curriculum of aerospace engineering is mostly related to Engineering Physics, which includes the topics from the areas of Fluid mechanics, Astrodynamics, engineering mechanics, Electro technology, Mathematics, Propulsion, Control Engineering, Aero elasticity, Solid Mechanics, Avionics, Flight test and Aeroacoustics.
Career & Job Scope
Aerospace Engineering is one of the highly paid job fields, but due to the difficult syllabus, only a few are joining in the Aerospace engineering than the other engineering branches. However, the syllabus might not feel tuff by the candidates who are keen in learning of the Aeronautics Engineering. The top most airline Govt. firms, as well as private firms like HAL, Taneja Aerospace, SRO, DRDO, CSIR, NAL, BOEING, AIRBUS, PRATT and WHITNEY, GE Aviation, NASA, and ESA, release various recruitment notifications for Aeronautical Engineers every year. A recent report on US magazine states that within last 2 year the demand of aerospace engineer raised to 10
A recent report on US magazine states that within last 2 year the demand of an Aeronautical Engineer raised to 10%, the magazine also revealed the name of an aeronautical engineer who is working with an autonomous organization receiving the annual salary of $103,870.
Aeronautical Engineering Course
Institutes are offering Aerospace Engineering in the diploma, Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and doctoral levels. The admission to the course offered by almost all the universities is based on the candidate’s Academicals scores in the concerned exams. A strong knowledge of chemistry, physics, and mathematics is mandatory for all the applicants who wish to pursue Aeronautical Engineering.
Best Institutes Offering Aeronautical Engineering Courses in India
There are a number of educational institutions in India and abroad offering courses in Aeronautical Engineering. As this website 99entranceexam.in is providing only the education news from India, we want to list out the names (both the autonomous and privately held) and websites of the best educational institutions that offer courses in Aeronautical Engineering.
List of top institutes in India
|Name of the college||Official website|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||http://www.iitk.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras||https://www.iitm.ac.in/|
|PEC University of Technology||www.pec.ac.in/|
|Bengal Engineering and Science University||http://www.becs.ac.in/|
|Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal||http://manipal.edu/mit.html|
|Amrita Institute of Technology and Sciences Tamil Nadu||https://www.amrita.edu/|
|Acharya Institute of Technology Karnataka||http://www.acharya.ac.in/|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is BE/ B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering is a good course for girls?
Answer: Yes, you should apply for this course in case you have a keen interest in Aeronautical Engineering regardless of your gender. There are so many female engineering do great work in this field.
Question – 2: Are there enough job opportunities for Aeronautical Engineers in India?
Answer: There is no shortage of jobs if your skills are good. Plus, the aviation sector is growing rapidly. So, there will be ample job opportunities if you have skills.
Question – 3: I have heard that Aeronautical Engineering is a bit tough as compared to other branches of engineering?
Answer: Well, it is somewhat true because Aeronautical Engineering is one of the most complex forms of engineering. However, if you are good in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, you should definitely go for the course.
Question – 4: Can you name some private college to do this course?
Answer: Some of the private colleges to complete B.E/ B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering are as follows.
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
- M.V.J college of Engineering, Bangalore
- Archaya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Nitte Meenakshi institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Sha – shib college of Engineering, Bangalore
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Manav Rachan international institute of Research and studies ,Faridabad
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and science, Kelambakkam
- Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore